In this second week of Art I picked and collected an easel to use as my own, upon doing so I set it up and prepared for the lesson on light and shadow.
After setting up i was introduced to the same objects as last week, and told to draw them in what, at first, seemed to me to be an odd way. I was told to, rather than draw the objects using outlines, put shading down on the page first in the shape of the objects.
Upon shading all of the objects on my page, it was stressed that i should then study the objects to spot which areas are darker or lighter than others and present that on my image by either shading more to present the darker areas or using my eraser to rub away shading for lit areas.
Once I got the hang of it i found this to be a very useful and different process of drawing, mostly for very detailed shading.
The most important thing i learnt in this session is the technique of how to hold my pencil when drawing on an easel, like holding a painting brush, however i also find the shading technique to be really useful aswell.
Signed: Arron Pomeroy
No comments:
Post a Comment